Biscayne Import Services is a full-service customs broker. The company routinely handles shipments imported from around the globe, into many destinations within the United States.
- Import consultation to establish the process, ensure proper classification of goods being imported, determine tariffs and valuation, research trade agreements, duty and tariff recovery and filing claims.
- Clearance of all types of articles, including perishable/refrigerated/frozen goods, ship’s spares and time sensitive merchandise
- Clearance of personal effects/international moving
- Clearance of Motor vehicles
- Document preparation
- Dealing with other government agencies such as the FDA, USDA, FCC, FWS, DOT and EPA.
- Land, sea and air transportation services
- In-bond shipments
You and Biscayne Import Services will decide which type of entry is right for you. These include:
Consumption Entry – A type of entry used when goods are imported for use in the United States going directly to the commerce of the U.S. without any time or use restrictions placed on them.
Warehouse Entry – Importers may want to file a warehouse entry instead of a consumption entry. This is used when the imported merchandise is moved into a bonded warehouse instead of being entered into the commerce of the United States, thereby avoiding the payment of duties until all or a portion of the merchandise is withdrawn for consumption or exportation. The goods may remain in the warehouse for up to 5 years.
Immediate Transportation (IT) – Transporting cargo in bond (moving under Customs jurisdiction as duty has not been paid) from the port of entry to its final destination. This type of entry/filing allows the owner of the merchandise to pay taxes and duty after it arrives at the final destination.
Immediate Exportation (IE) – This type of entry allows merchandise imported to a port to be exported from that same port without having to pay duty.
Transport and Exportation (T&E) – Used to transport imported cargo and export it from a port other than is origin. For example, Canada to the U.S. to Mexico. No duty is paid.
Temporary Importation Under Bond (TIB) – A classification when merchandise is imported to the United States and will be exported no later than a year later. This requires the posting of a bond to guarantee that the goods will be exported.